I have this crazy itch to fly to Spain and drive around the country for a month, eating and drinking the best of the land. I'm sure Spain...On the Road Again is responsible for this itch. Aiya, worrying about the mundane things of life is so overrated. I've been realizing that at heart, I am a hedonist. Not a hard-partying, hard-living type of hedonist, but a hedonist. Hedonism is defined as the pursuit of pleasure as a matter of ethical principle, or the philosophy that pleasure or happiness is the highest pursuit in life. A hedonist is someone who is motivated by desires for sensual pleasures. I think that's exactly what I am - I am motivated by the desire for pleasures of the palate.
Espana, lover of my soul. I want to roll velvety rioja around on my tongue, sip sangria while sitting in an outdoor plaza, savor pintxos in Basque country and revel in the brilliance and beauty of the greatest country in the world. If only life would cooperate.
No comments:
Post a Comment