Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Stupid things that brighten my day

1. Having an ample supply of paper towels on hand. I was down to my last roll and this seriously induced some mild stress in my life. Without paper towels, how can I indulge my constant need to clean the kitchen and bathroom? I restocked my supply and feel loads better.

2. Drinking tea. I've all but given up coffee these days. I prefer to drink cup after cup of tea - jasmine, genmaicha, oolong, white, green. I prefer Asian teas to Western teas although I also enjoy a cup of earl grey with milk every now and then, especially with a macaroon.

3. Cereal. My body craves cereal lately - for breakfast, lunch, dinner. At least two out of three meals these days, when I'm not eating out, is cereal. I make my own mix, which is the only thing that truly satisfies my craving: a mix of Honey nut cheerios, Quaker oatmeal squares and high fiber high protein cereal (either GoLean or the Archer Farms brand). It is so delicious and satisfying and filling.

4. Throwing stuff away. I think it's a psychological thing - I have so little control over my life right now that I need to at least put something in order. I've been going through all my drawers and shelves and closets finding stuff to give away or throw away. I want to minimize my life. Or at least the stuff in my life. And good God, I have a lot of stuff. Wouldn't it be great if you could pack all your worldly possessions in one or two suitcases so you didn't ever feel tied down to stuff? I'm beginning to think that.

5. Jon & Kate + 8. Sure, Kate is annoying but HOW CUTE are Leah and Hannah? They are so adorable I just want to hug them and squeeze them and keep them for my very own.

No comments: