Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Things I find disturbing and patently unfair

**Every morning when I walk by Whole Foods there is this one homeless man eating by the window. He always has a FEAST spread out in front of him - a gigantic serving from the fancy salad bar, a quart of organic milk, bottles of fancy juices, coffee from the cafe, etc. Dude, I work, don't collect welfare or food stamps or any type of handout and I can't afford to eat at Whole Foods everyday. Hmph.

**Goat milk yogurt. Disgusting. What was I thinking when I bought it? What were people thinking when they made it?

**Obama's foreclosure plan. I was JUST telling El Hombre this past weekend about what I would advise Obama to do if he really wanted to help the economy. It was basically EXACTLY what he is doing with his proposed foreclosure plan. I think there have to be very strict limits though - only for people who live in their homes, only for those who have shown good faith in paying their mortgage on time, etc. From what I have read so far, I think he has those mechanisms in place. Sadly for me though, I don't think I qualify. PHOOOOEY! It really sucks in this country to be a high-earning, tax-paying, within-means-living, responsible citizen. Much better to be an unwed mother of 14 collecting welfare checks and asking for private donations or a homeless man who uses my honest taxpayer money to eat at Whole Foods everyday or a family who bought a house that they clearly couldn't afford.

No comments: