Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Friends + Food = Fun

Recap on a food and friend-filled weekend:

*"10 year anniversary" with the college girls - marking 10 years that we have all been friends - more than 1/3 of our lives! I've known L for 15 years...more than half my lifetime. It's always so good to catch up with the girls and see where we are/what's going on in each other's lives.

*Lots of QT with the "spring break girls" - our trip to Turkey this past spring was the 5th anniversary of our annual spring break trip, which we promised to do every year, even when we are golden girls. It's funny that we chose that foursome rather than the SATC foursome, because I think our personas fit the Golden Girls much better than the SATC crew. I think P's birthday is quickly becoming spring break-lite: a mini-vacation in wine country with lots of good eating. We always plan the official spring break trip around W's birthday so obviously M and I are getting jipped in this equation(!). This weekend we took on windsurfing and Napa, and P and I biked across the GG bridge and back - awesome weather for all of the activities, although now my nose is a bright cherry red.

*A's "meet and greet" - finally got to meet A's bf and have a chance to catch up (if very, very briefly)!

No comments: