Monday, September 8, 2008

Monday musings

I drove over 250 miles this weekend in a bright cherry red mini cooper convertible, most of the time with the top down. Tres bon! There's something about the mix of the summer air, wind, music and speed that makes me giddy.

***

One of life's greatest mysteries: how do toll booth operators get in and out of their booths? Where do they go to the bathroom?

***
I've taken myself off of my self-imposed shopping ban. I always seem to go through this when I get back from traveling - feeling like I have too much "stuff" and don't need anymore and imposing a shopping ban on all frivolities (basically everything other than groceries). But what I forget is that shopping is often very good therapy. I love coming home with a new book, or new makeup, or a new dress, or new shoes...so why would I deprive myself of that pleasure?

Top two items on my wanted list: the iPhone 3G and a Porsche convertible.

No comments: