The last week or so I've had an unsettling feeling...of not feeling unsettled. I couldn't quite put my finger on it because it was such a different sensation from what I'd been feeling for the previous two months, which is to say - restless, antsy, unsettled. What was this strange, unfamiliar feeling, I wondered. And this morning I realized: I don't feel restless or antsy! Everything in my life feels good, feels right. I feel perfectly happy with my life, notwithstanding the fact that my investments have been wiped out by the precipitous drop in the stock market and my job security is looking quite grim.
Life is good, and full. I live in the greatest city in the world in a home I own (well...kind of, but of course Chase owns me in return. Details, details.) and love, I work for a company I really like with colleagues and friends I look forward to seeing each day, the people I care about are generally healthy and happy, I'm blessed with wonderful friends and a fantastic boyfriend and I really cannot think of anything more I could ask for (other than for my mom to be happy, my brother to get into college, my grandmother to live to a healthy 130, my loved ones to get all that their hearts desire, my investments to recover, the value of my condo to increase, and Santa to bring me an iPhone and a Porsche convertible and a limitless shopping spree at Saks. Oh and peace between Israel & Palestine (and throughout the whole world for that matter), an end to hunger and child labor, and Obama for president).
Wishes beyond my control and pipe dreams aside, my life is good and rich and full. It seems almost unfathomable to me that I've been feeling so restless and antsy the past few months when when I think about my life, it's so incredibly good...what more could I ask for? Why do I create "crisis" for myself when everything is going so swimmingly? I guess that's the adjustment period from living a selfish, carefree vagabond life. But I think I've officially passed through the adjustment period. Nothing has changed really. Just the voice in my head that was constantly nagging: "what's next? what's next? what's next?" has subsided, allowing me to just enjoy each day everyday. My soul feels lighter.
So....what's next?
No comments:
Post a Comment