Monday, September 15, 2008

Oh baby

Friday evening I was standing at the concierge desk in my building waiting for the concierge to bring out a parcel for me (as an aside: I love, love, love getting parcels in the mail, even when it's just something I've ordered for myself). Suddenly I felt something grabbing onto my leg. The cutest baby with a huge, happy smile and silky brown ringlets giggled at me and cooed "Hiiii." Yup, she had me at "hi." I was instantly in love. We couldn't take our eyes off each other. We just stared at each other smiling, giggling and saying hi again and again (I think that's the only word she knew because when I asked her her name she replied with a giggle and grabbed my dress). Moments like these, I feel every tick of my biological clock. I can't wait to be a mom.

No comments: