Sunday, February 28, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens...are not a few of MY favorite things. However, the return of cold, crisp weather is (praying for cold weather through the middle of March so there is fresh powder in Hokkaido in two weeks - another ski trip planned!!). More of my favorite things? Lots of QT with girlfriends (especially over high tea or yummy mojitos), the opening of a gourmet supermarket in my office building (useful for when I have to work late nights and weekends, such as this week), and lately, learning cockney!

Cockney lesson for the day:

Liza = TV. Liza Minelli rhymes with telly. "What's on the Liza tonight?"
Bangers = Cash. Bangers and mash rhymes with cash. "Can you pay me with bangers?"
Chitty Chitty = cockney rhyming slang. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang rhymes with cockney rhyming slang. "I'm having so much fun learning chitty chitty!"
Donald = dump (as in poop). Donald Trump rhymes with dump. "I need to take a Donald." (haha, I wonder if Donald Trump knows how his name is being defiled by cockney-users?)
Love and Kisses = missus (as in, one's wife). "Where'd your love and kisses go?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the last one is especially sweet!