Monday, February 1, 2010

Asia: a million steps behind in women's lib

At lunch with coworkers today (all male). Real pieces of the conversation.

Coworker 1: My parents lectured me this weekend about how I really need to find a wife.
Coworker 2: Why, do they want grandchildren?
Coworker 1: No, they came over to my apartment and it was so messy.
Deb: What does that have to do with finding a wife?
Coworker 1: Well, so she could keep my apartment clean.
Deb: Hire a maid!
Coworker 3: Hahaha, that remind me, I was studying some new vocabulary with my Japanese teacher last week and she told me there were a few that I didn't need to bother learning.
Deb: Oh you mean like words that are usually used by women?
Coworker 3: No, like the verb "to clean" and "to do laundry." She said there's no need for me to learn them because I'll never need to do it since it's a woman's job.
Deb: ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha even if true, that's dumb, cuz then how would he know how to say "go clean, woman!"? p

Anonymous said...

omg, that's exactly what I said!! -D