Maybe it's because I spent the weekend snowboarding (although I remain mediocre 9 years after taking up the sport, I still LOVE it beyond all reason) in Hakuba where the snow was lovely and the onsen after a day of boarding to relax my sore muscles was even lovelier. Maybe it's because tonight the first snow fell in Tokyo and nothing makes me happier than snow. Maybe it's because I made lovely new friends over the weekend and there's always a high in meeting people you connect with. Maybe it's because I'm headed to Sapporo this weekend to see the yuki matsuri (the snow and ice festival) - more snow! Maybe it's because I had a delicious, beautiful dinner with G last night for her birthday that reminded me how much good food there is to be had here and how I've been lucky to find some fabulous friends (although most of them are leaving or in the process of leaving). Maybe it's because I only have to deal with work inanities for 7 more days before I head off to Rome, then Egypt to meet El Hombre. Maybe it's because my grandmother is coming next month and I'm excited for her visit.
I don't know the exact reasons, but lately I'm feeling really and truly happy. And I don't know if it's because I'm happy that I am starting to like life in Tokyo, or if I'm really starting to like life in Tokyo and that's why I'm happy, but whatever the case, I'll take it. Happiness. In Tokyo. At last.
No comments:
Post a Comment