A little over two years ago, I received a random text from a guy I'd met several weeks before on a ski trip but had barely talked to, which led to a pre-date date (casual dinner that was NOT a date because 1) he asked me in a text in a very nonchalant way if I was free to "grab dinner" and 2) if one person isn't sure if it's a date or not, it's not a date) where we (to my surprise) really got along (I called him a communist, he called me an anarchist dictator, clearly we got along), which led to him asking me out on a real date.
Two years ago today, I had dinner with the communist (who actually turned out to be the complete opposite of a communist - a staunch KMT nationalist) at Foreign Cinema where when our oysters arrived there was a giant crawfish on the plate as garnish, which looked to me like a big cockroach, and which he graciously removed and hid from me for the rest of the dinner. I don't remember what we talked about at dinner but I do remember that afterward he tried to lead me down the wrong street in the Mission District which he later admitted he did on purpose so he could try to kiss me, but which was thwarted when I blurted out: "um, isn't your car THAT way?"
He ended up getting that kiss after all, and today marks dos anos since that first date with El Hombre. Wish he was here, especially on the night of the first snow...
4 comments:
The recollection of this blog must be fabricated with some post-teenage fantasy or the blogger just misconstrued what El Hombre was trying to do. He probably really didn't know where his car was.
Besides, some guy that cool can't be real.
HA! Good try trying to be anonymous, El Hombre. hehe, now the whole world (or my readership of 3 people) know how it started. Feliz aniversario!
HAHAHAA. i love how you keep it real, girl! --g =)
This is Kim Jong speaking: I am proud of your propaganda on El Hombre and I think you make an excellent fictional writer.
Post a Comment