Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Sneaky Exercise & Spring Break 2008

I call yoga "sneaky exercise." You don't think you're getting an arduous workout because you're just stretching. But afterward you are drenched in sweat. And the next morning everything aches in all the right places. Usually with other workouts, the aches go away after a couple days. I think the body gets used to whichever muscles you are working when you run on the treadmill or work out on the elliptical trainer. But with yoga (which I've only been doing for 4 days, granted), your body continues to ache because you are continuing to stretch each muscle longer and harder. It feels awesome.

2008's "spring break" trip is to Turkey! It was already part of my trip and the spring break girls graciously agreed to join me there for a week. We're going to Istanbul and Cappadocia! Cappadocia looks wonderful and mysterious and quite frankly, bizarre. Can't wait.

Pics of Cappadocia: http://www.gamirasu.com/; http://www.yunak.com/cappadocia_photo_gallery.html

No comments: