Thursday, January 31, 2008

Cab Drivers

I try to walk to and from work each day because it's the only exercise I get on a regular daily basis (although I was going to yoga pretty regularly for a couple weeks). But my job periodically requires me to work late or early hours and call our cab service. Some of the more memorable experiences I've had:

Cabbie 1: Early morning for you, huh? (4:45 am)

Deb: Yeah.

Cabbie 1: Are you a banker or a lawyer?

Deb: Yeah, I'm a lawyer.

Cabbie 1: Yup, those are pretty much who I get during my shifts. Them, bartenders and people going home from the sex clubs. In fact I just picked someone up from a sex club before you.

Deb: *silent* (thinking - ICK! Hope this car seat is clean! Yuck, probably not. Eh, I need coffee.)

***

Cabbie 2: What are you doing tomorrow? Wanna join me at GG Park? I'm gonna smoke and be at one with the buffalo.

Deb: *silent* (thinking - is this guy high? Get me out of this car! There's buffalo in GG Park?)

No comments: