One of my pet peeves is when people intentionally misspell words. It's ok to misspell when it's done in shorthand (i.e. substituting "u" for "you" or "r" for "are") in texts or IMs, but that's about it. I just received a text where the sender intentionally (I presume) spelled "cool" with "kewl." Uh uh. That's just wrong! It takes just as much time to spell kewl as cool (longer, since you can't just press the same letter twice) so WHY would you do that??? That is so unkewl.
The only time it's worse is when they misspell on purpose AND mix up the lower and uppercasing....LyK ThYs. ACK. HUGE pet peeve.
***
I went to a class called the Bar Method with a couple coworkers today. It's a mix of yoga, pilates and ballet. I felt a little foolish doing these marching steps while throwing your arms up in the air while looking at my coworkers in the mirror and almost busted out laughing and also thought the $24 drop in fee was a bit outrageous, but definitely felt the burn in my arms, glutes and thighs. I think I prefer yoga, but will probably go back to try the Bar Method a couple more times before writing it off...
No comments:
Post a Comment