I thought I would crack yesterday and end up eating a pint of Haagen Dazs, but I stuck with the Paleo diet. I ate a tiny slab of 85% dark chocolate (no added sugar and no soy lecithin as emulsifier) which did absolutely zero to help since it didn't have any of the soothing qualities of creamy, rich milk chocolate. I think what helped was changing my protein/fruit ratio for dinner last night and eating about 2 forks of meat/veg and a whole plate of fruit. I'm all for sticking with diet plans but I also think you have to listen to your body and when it is screaming at you for sugar, you have to give it some sugar. At least I ate fresh fruit instead of resorting to chocolate, cookies and ice cream as I was very tempted to do! The other thing that helped was going to bed super early and sleeping away the cramps and backaches. I woke up this morning feeling infinitely better with no more dairy or chocolate cravings and proud of myself for sticking with Paleo. The real challenge will be next week when I am in Seoul for 8 days and not allowed to eat shaved ice, delicious baked breads, rice, street food, naeng myun or anything marinated with soy sauce or sugar. I imagine hell looks something like that - putting all the stuff you love within sight, but not being allowed to touch any of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment