Thursday, October 24, 2013

Paleo works

So, I can vouch that Paleo works. I've lost 6 lbs, am solidly back in my normal weight range and most importantly, my clothes fit comfortably again. I just completed 3 weeks and have 9 more days of strict Paleo to go, then will probably add back dairy and stick with an 85/15 regimen (where you eat 3 "normal" meals each week but stick with Paleo principles during the rest).

Notwithstanding the fact that I love bread, cake, pasta, dumplings, rice, quinoa, cookies and noodles and being Paleo means I can't eat any of those things, it hasn't been all that hard to stick with the plan. You replace rice with more veggies, substitute spaghetti squash or julienned zucchini for pasta and ask waiters to hold the bread basket. It's not that hard, except when someone eats a big slice of chocolate cake in front of you.

***

Life is about to take me in a new direction, once again. I'm super excited, but it will be bittersweet to leave the amazing city I've had the chance to call home for the past 3 years. More details to come next week.

No comments: