One year ago today I embarked on an unforgettable journey around the world that reminded me how beautiful life is, how small each of us is in this grand, amazing world, how brilliant the Creator is and how excruciatingly precious each moment of our lives is. I learned how incredibly blessed I was to have the opportunity to do what I did, how lucky I was to be able to share such incredible memories with friends and El Hombre and how at the end of the day, I will measure my life by how many happy moments it was filled with rather than how many hours I billed, how much money I made or how high I climbed the corporate ladder.
I still remember sitting at SFO with El Hombre in the moments leading up to my departure, excited about my journey yet curious about whether the connection we had would last through the time and distance. I'm so thankful that it did because...well, he just makes me happy. Being with him makes me believe that there truly is a compatible soul/lifemate out there for everyone and that you really do meet them when you least expect it.
One might think I would have an inkling of regret for being so "irresponsible" and taking off to travel, especially in light of the consequences, but I honestly don't have a single drop of regret, not even a tiny one. I wouldn't have changed anything, even if I had known the outcome.
I fell in love with the world on a journey that started one year ago today. So...happy anniversary, World.
No comments:
Post a Comment