I go through life mostly satisfied with what I have and what is within my reach. I don't in any seriousness actually desire the life of a socialite (although I do love the voyeuristic glimpses I get into their lives via Vanity Fair magazine) or a rich housewife as much as I may joke about how that is the life to aspire to. But there are times when I feel incredibly overcome by extreme jealousy these days...when I watch Spain...On the Road Again. My body actually physically feels slightly pained with jealousy. I would even be willing to trade places with oversized, super sweaty Mario Batali for a few months so that I could get to eat through Spain.
Could there be anything more ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS in life than to spend months driving around the most glorious and gastronomically blessed country in the world with the sole purpose of eating and drinking the best that the land has to offer? I could not have conceived of a more fabulous thing to do in life, like ever.
It is definitely going on my bucket list.
EspaƱa is my soulmate, if ever a human and a country could be soulmates.
No comments:
Post a Comment