These days the perfect Saturday consists of spending a leisurely afternoon with El Hombre grocery shopping, making home-made hotpot (a $35 electric hotpot is probably the best investment I've made in months), reading Twilight curled up on his lap while he watches TV, eating the delicious dessert he's made, then returning to my book, staying up until I've finished, satisfied and eager for the next book.
I'm a teeny bit embarrassed and ashamed that I like Twilight so much - when I went to Borders yesterday to pick it up I couldn't find it immediately and had to ask a salesperson where it was. He led me to...the young adult fiction section. Ah, right. It's a kid's book, the same genre as the now long-defunct Sweet Valley High series that I used to read when I was in elementary school! The writing is not great, but the characters are compelling. Now I need to figure out how to fanangle El Hombre into watching the movie.
1 comment:
oh sister, Twilight is SO NOT anything to be embarrassed about! i am on book 3! hahaha. we'll have to trade notes one day on what we would do if we were Bella.
Post a Comment