Wednesday, November 19, 2008

To cook or not to cook...

Family Thanksgiving plans for Vegas/Grand Canyon have been nixed and we're now staying local. So the question is...do I make reservations somewhere (last year I took my gram and bro to Ducca and their pre-fixe was uber-fabulous) or do I make dinner (two years ago I cooked Thanksgiving dinner for 6 all on my own and it was...a lot of work). If I were to make dinner, I think I would make the following:

  • Roasted brined turkey with hoisin glaze
  • Wasabi mashed potatoes
  • Roasted brussel sprouts with crispy bacon and caramelized shallots
  • Chestnut and wild rice stuffing
  • Blanched asparagus tips with sesame-miso vinaigrette
  • Whole cranberry and orange rind sauce
  • Bananas foster bread pudding with vanilla bean creme anglaise
  • Pecan pie with vanilla bean ice cream
Or...I can order a pre-made dinner from Whole Foods. Decisions....

No comments: