Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Good Things

I realize that at this juncture in my life, I am incredibly blessed with many, many good things. I have a great relationship with an amazing boyfriend who simultaneously makes me laugh, calms my soul and drives me nuts. I have wonderful friends who fill my life with laughter. I have parents who love me, want me to be truly happy and for the most part, don't impose any whack conservative Korean ideology on my life. I have a good job with a company I really like. I've recently been able to indulge my insatiable hunger for travel. I live in a great nation at a great time. Life is good.


***

Birthday Wishes for 2009 and Beyond (this list was started last month, I can now cross of #5 and 7 thanks to El Hombre taking me to Osaka this past weekend!):

2009:

  1. Argentina

  2. Chile

  3. Brazil

  4. Uruguay

  5. Japan

  6. Tahoe, more than once

  7. Eat okonomiyaki and lots of green tea flavored items in Japan

  8. Climb Mt. Fuji

  9. Snowboard down a black diamond

  10. Run a 10K

  11. Recovery of my investments/savings and general recovery of global economy

  12. Value of my condo to increase so I can sell it and recover at least what I put into it

  13. Avoid getting laid off

  14. Move abroad

  15. My grandma to always be healthy and happy, and live to be a healthy 130

  16. My dad to recuperate to good health

  17. My mom to be happy and stable

  18. My brother to get in to a school of his choice

  19. My friends to have all their heart's desires granted
Beyond:
  1. South Africa

  2. Kenya

  3. Uganda

  4. Egypt

  5. Jordan

  6. Italy

  7. France

  8. Spain

  9. Northern Europe

  10. Mongolia

  11. Maldives

  12. Indonesia

  13. Colombia

  14. Everywhere else I haven't been, and places I have been, again

  15. Children

  16. To be a good mother

  17. Publish a novel that doesn't suck

No comments: