Friday, November 14, 2008

Saeng-il

29 has quite possibly been the best birthday ever and the festivities aren't over yet...it's turning out to be a birthday week really, starting with El Hombre taking me to Osaka last weekend (on first class, natch) for a non-stop weekend of eating, followed by non-stop eating with friends and family, to be continued tonight and through the weekend. Love my life. I feel so incredibly blessed and lucky...almost too lucky. Things are so ridiculously good that I wonder if it's a harbinger of something really bad about to happen. I know I am paranoid but whenever things are too good I fear that something bad will happen to counteract it - the balance of the universe and all that. After all, one person is not supposed to have SO much happiness/good in their life, are they? I'm definitely enjoying the ride and basking in all that is good, but can't help but have the nagging fear that something bad will soon happen to bring the balance of good/bad, happiness/unhappiness, yin/yang, etc. back...

No comments: