When we move back to America, I want to own chickens that lay fresh eggs. I want a yard where I can raise said chickens. I want the yard to have a barbecue grill and outdoor seating for summer evenings. I want this yard to be located in Northern California, within 25 minutes of San Francisco. I want the yard to be attached to a house that has a big open kitchen with a breakfast bar. I want the kitchen to have lots and lots of counter space, made of marble or granite or some other washable surface where I can chop, roll, knead directly on the surface. I want at least one full-size oven that bakes evenly and a gas-range stove where I can fry the fresh eggs that our chickens lay daily. I want enough cabinets to store dishes, pots and pans of every shape and size, a mixer, a food processor, an ice cream maker, a VitaMix juicer and a panini grill. I want each of the said dishes, pots, pans, mixer, food processor, ice cream maker, juicer and grill. I want a dining room big enough to fit a dining table that can expand to seat 12 comfortably. I want to cook dinner for friends and family at least twice a month and have everyone sit together at the dining table eating, talking and laughing. Kids will always be welcome, and I want at least 3 of my own. I want to have a job with enough flexibility that I can bake cookies for my kids from time to time, but also enough stimulation to feel like I've contributed something. I want to live close enough to my family and close friends to have unplanned playdates and brunches and dinners. I want to be comfortable enough to enjoy life without worrying about money, without making so much that I am consumed by it. I want every day to be filled with satisfaction and contentment, however big or small, from a life well-lived.
No comments:
Post a Comment