I'm currently reading The Magician's Assistant by Ann Patchett and so far love it - quirky yet moving, characters who live lives nothing like mine, yet to whom I can relate somehow.
***
I've been trying to cut down on the travel required for work but looks like it is not to be. In the next few months I have trips to Moscow, New York and Beijing (at least once). Probably Delhi too. It's an interesting thing to realize the universe gave you exactly what you asked for, only to discover that it's not all it's cracked up to be and that what you really want is what you already had. I used to wish for a jetsetting life, a job that took me all over the world. Now that I have it, I realize what I really want is to have a healthy baby, move back to SF and settle down to a normal life surrounded by my family and friends, where what I look forward to for the weekend is not another plane trip to a foreign country but a drive to Target and long meals with old friends.
***
I've been trying to cut down on the travel required for work but looks like it is not to be. In the next few months I have trips to Moscow, New York and Beijing (at least once). Probably Delhi too. It's an interesting thing to realize the universe gave you exactly what you asked for, only to discover that it's not all it's cracked up to be and that what you really want is what you already had. I used to wish for a jetsetting life, a job that took me all over the world. Now that I have it, I realize what I really want is to have a healthy baby, move back to SF and settle down to a normal life surrounded by my family and friends, where what I look forward to for the weekend is not another plane trip to a foreign country but a drive to Target and long meals with old friends.
2 comments:
is this a subtle pregnancy announcement?! if so, congrats! if not, i'm sorry. -mj
omg, no it's not! Sorry if it came out that way - not preggers! - D
Post a Comment