Monday, October 29, 2012

6 Months in Paris

I have often found that when you really want something - like, really and truly, from the bottom of your soul - the universe will listen to you and give it to you. Have you read The Alchemist? If not, I recommend you do - it's a bit hokey, yes, but the lessons in the book are so true.

I like to write down my dreams and goals - somewhere, anywhere. And the reason I like to write them down is because it's simply amazing when 3,5, 10 years later you find that piece of paper and then realize your dream actually came to fruition. And it's good to have things written down so you keep yourself accountable - after all, things don't just get handed to you in life, you have to do your part to work towards your dreams and goals.

So here's my newest, craziest life dream: I want to spend 6 months to a year living in Paris. With El Hombre (and bebes, if we have any at that time). Gainfully employed (I've found that you have to be very precise about what you ask for from the universe, because if you leave out certain details, the universe might give you what you asked for - but only exactly what you asked for, nothing more). I don't want to be just a tourist. I don't want to be on holiday the entire time, nor on a budget. I want to be fully employed, go to work like other Parisians, eat and drink and live like other Parisians. I want to be Parisian - but only for 6 months to a year, because I think that will quench my thirst for Paris.

Ok universe - make it happen!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha hilarious! i'll go visit you! =) --g