I know I'm waxing poetic about America, but seriously, I'm kind of having a love affair with Southern Cali right now. The weather is so wonderfully warm yet DRY and the air is so fresh. I walked out of the building this morning and smelled trees and morning dew and it was divine.
Last night I had dinner at L & E's, and their flat in West Hollywood is so modern and beautiful and spacious, complete with a gigantic kitchen and living room/dining room made for entertaining and again, I was reminded how much I love America. I miss going to dinners in people's homes (something that is so rare in HK because other than the truly rich - I'm talking people who live in homes where the rent is minimum US $10-15K/month, no one lives in flats large enough to have dinner parties) and I miss making dinner for people at home. We have managed to throw a couple dinners in HK, but the cooking options tend to be limited because our kitchen is the size of a broom closet.
Life in HK and Cali are just so different - I know when I go back to HK I'll love being back but for now I'm loving breathing in as much fresh air as possible.
Last night I had dinner at L & E's, and their flat in West Hollywood is so modern and beautiful and spacious, complete with a gigantic kitchen and living room/dining room made for entertaining and again, I was reminded how much I love America. I miss going to dinners in people's homes (something that is so rare in HK because other than the truly rich - I'm talking people who live in homes where the rent is minimum US $10-15K/month, no one lives in flats large enough to have dinner parties) and I miss making dinner for people at home. We have managed to throw a couple dinners in HK, but the cooking options tend to be limited because our kitchen is the size of a broom closet.
Life in HK and Cali are just so different - I know when I go back to HK I'll love being back but for now I'm loving breathing in as much fresh air as possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment