Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Happiest Place on Earth

As a post-Valentine's day surprise, El Hombre took me to Disneyland yesterday. I haven't been to Disneyland in years and I'd forgotten how magical it is. Being an adult, living and working in HK (a city of concrete skyscrapers where money and food are the only things people seem to care about), you become so bogged down by the daily grind. A day in Disneyland was unexpectedly, exactly the thing I needed to put the stress of HK away for a day and just...have FUN. The magic of Disneyland is its ability to take you away from the real world into a fantasyland filled with nostalgia (The "It's a Small World" ride totally took me back - it used to be my favorite ride when I was a kid, back when my parents were still married and took me to Disneyland every single year), life lessons ("when you wish upon a star, makes no wonder who you are," "I can show you the world....tell me, princess now when did you last let your heart decide," "the circle of life...it's the leap of faith, the band of hope, till we find our place"), junk food, and a taste of Home (i.e. the US). The entire experience of Disneyland is really kind of wonderful, no matter how cheesy. I feel incredibly lucky to be with a guy who is thoughtful and knows just how to make me happy.

No comments: