Monday, April 5, 2010

La la la

Last night, I cooked myself a pumpkin & chicken Thai red curry. This morning, I went running. My stocks are way up. When I stepped out to walk to work, I was greeted by gorgeous, spirit-lifting spring weather - warm, breezy, perfect. Which is why today feels like a "la la la" type of day.

***

My newest food obsession is kabocha squash. I have always loved hobakjook (Korean pumpkin porridge) made with kabocha squash, but I never knew how absolutely simple it is to cook kabocha squash. Last night, I just chopped some up and threw it into my curry. I thought perhaps I should steam it first, but was feeling lazy, so figured maybe if I put the lid on the pot, the squash would steam itself in the curry broth. And it did. And it was SO delicious!

So now I'm planning all the kabocha squash dishes I'm going to cook in the weeks to come: hobakjook, more pumpkin curry, kabocha steamed in coconut milk (I once had a dessert like this in Cambodia and loved it).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg you're gonna get so sick of it hahahaha. but sounds delicious in the meantime :) --g