Sunday, March 28, 2010

Monday. Meh.

Mondays Schmondays. Monday mornings at 10 am are the worst because the week has just begun and I know that I have five interminable, inane days awaiting me.

***

My grandmother's been visiting for the past week and to keep her entertained while I'm at work, I bought her the DVDs of two recent Korean dramas - Pasta and Chuno (Slave Hunter). After I get home from work, we watch a few episodes together and I remembered why I don't watch K-dramas anymore. Korean dramas are so emotionally involving. I get sucked in, emotionally involved. I start caring for the characters as if they were real people. My emotions feel too real, which is ridiculous because it's a fictional show with fictional characters living fictional lives. No more K-dramas.

***

Almost April - which means I've made it through another month in Tokyo: 8 months. A feat.

No comments: