Cumulative Miles Traveled: 55,681
Current Location: San Francisco, California
Current Mood: Bored out of my mind, and antsy
***
I have ADD. I hate not having anything to do. It literally makes me itchy and fidgety and drives me nuts. I must constantly be doing something active, planning to do something active, or if at rest, have planned that period of rest. (Some people label this as a negative attribute and call it OCD or anal retentive) But when I'm sitting at my desk with nothing to do but can't leave because we've specifically been told that during this market downturn we should show up to work anyway (to boost office morale and just in case a deal comes in and a partner needs us right away), I get super restless and start planning stuff and making to-do lists like the madwoman that I am. My summer wishlist: get good at windsurfing, go camping, hike Half Dome. I would ideally like to use this lull to make decent progress on that novel I've always been meaning to write, but it turns out that every time I sit down with the intention to write, I have complete writer's block. Why is it that the best thoughts and lines always come to me when I'm on a crowded subway with no piece of paper to jot down the ideas? I'm telling you, I've had some brilliant ideas for my novel, I just can't remember any of them.
***
El Hombre and I went to Hong Kong over July 4th weekend. It was kind of nice to get back on a plane. I've always loved going on plane rides - the anticipation of arriving at your destination, the touchdown, etc. This time, I really enjoyed the welcome champagne glass and amenities bag with H20 products in business class. Hong Kong is an interesting city - it is an energetic, pulsating international financial hub, yet so local and quaint in certain ways.
No comments:
Post a Comment