Friday, May 16, 2008

Complain, complain, complain

Cumulative Miles Traveled: 22,824
Current Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Current Mood: Very ill in cold and rainy Prague

***

Bad things happen in threes, as they say. First I got sick, the sickest I've been on this trip. Then I arrived at the airport in Berlin to discover that my flight had been canceled, so then I had to get re-routed and fly to Prague via Stuttgart. Upon arriving at my hostel I felt pretty ill but also starved - I just wanted something hot and brothy. The few restaurants/cafes I walked by served things like chicken, cream and dumpling soup; rabbit and vegetable soup; and beef and cabbage soup. Uhh...I just want to fill my stomach with something hot and light, not prepare for hibernation for the winter. So I kept walking until I ran into a Thai restaurant where I ordered my favorite cold remedy - tom ka gai soup. As soon as I had walked out of the restaurant and down to the end of the block it started POURING. Buckets and buckets of rain. So much that even after it stopped the streets were completely flooded and I had to stomp through water 3-4 inches deep to get back to my hostel. BOOOO, this has definitely been the worst part of my trip so far.

I just took a twenty minute hot shower and am going to go to bed very early (4:30 pm).

No comments: