J'adooooooooore Greece. The scenery is gorgeous, the attitude is laid back, the towns are my favorite colors (white and blue), the weather is uber-brilliant, the water is crystal blue, the food is fresh and delicious...I feel like I am on a proper vacation and am now wondering why I spent the last two weeks wandering around post -commie Berlin, freezing Prague and even lovely Budapest when I could have just come straight to Greece and hopped the islands a bit more. Greece is absolutely brilliant!
I went waterskiing today, the first time in almost 15 years. Waterskiing is not like riding a bike. Back when I used to waterski, I got to the stage where I was pretty good - I was on one ski and could slalom across the waves. I figured that it couldn't be that hard to remember so I told the instructor/boat driver that I wanted to start on one ski and then try wakeboarding. The boat started speeding up...and I did not. After two faceplants in the water, I told the instructor that maybe I should try two skis. Much better...this time it did come back to me. It was awesome! Waterskiing gives you such an amazing sensation of gliding on the water. Tomorrow I am going to give windsurfing a go. I could so happily spend a few weeks here soaking in the sun, eating Greek yogurt with honey every day and brushing up my watersports skills...
No comments:
Post a Comment