"Fly Away" - Lenny Kravitz
I wish that I could fly
Into the sky
So very high
Just like a dragonfly
I'd fly above the trees
Over the seas in all degrees
To anywhere I please
Oh I want to get away
I want to fly away
Yeah yeah yeah
To say I live for travel is an understatement. I am a restless soul, and the only thing that really settles me is being physically on the move, pretty much all the time. It's true in the everyday sense (El Hombre watched me while shaking his head the other day while I took a late night conference call with South Africa while doing the dishes and putting away groceries - I'd continuously mute and unmute when I needed to speak. I can never just sit still - not even during a conference call - I need to be doing SOMETHING all the time). But it's even more true in the more macro sense. When I don't have travel plans on my calendar in the next 3-4 weeks, I start to feel really really antsy. I need the promise of going somewhere to keep me grounded. It's an illness, truly.
I am literally counting down the days till our next planned trip in two weeks to Boracay! I don't even love beach vacays that much (not as much as snow/mountain vacays or food vacays), but the idea of going somewhere new always makes me happy.
So far, the next 2 1/2 months include Boracay, Niseko, Switzerland (Lucerne, Interlaken, Lausanne and Zurich), and Seoul. Ants ants ants in my pants.
I wish that I could fly
Into the sky
So very high
Just like a dragonfly
I'd fly above the trees
Over the seas in all degrees
To anywhere I please
Oh I want to get away
I want to fly away
Yeah yeah yeah
To say I live for travel is an understatement. I am a restless soul, and the only thing that really settles me is being physically on the move, pretty much all the time. It's true in the everyday sense (El Hombre watched me while shaking his head the other day while I took a late night conference call with South Africa while doing the dishes and putting away groceries - I'd continuously mute and unmute when I needed to speak. I can never just sit still - not even during a conference call - I need to be doing SOMETHING all the time). But it's even more true in the more macro sense. When I don't have travel plans on my calendar in the next 3-4 weeks, I start to feel really really antsy. I need the promise of going somewhere to keep me grounded. It's an illness, truly.
I am literally counting down the days till our next planned trip in two weeks to Boracay! I don't even love beach vacays that much (not as much as snow/mountain vacays or food vacays), but the idea of going somewhere new always makes me happy.
So far, the next 2 1/2 months include Boracay, Niseko, Switzerland (Lucerne, Interlaken, Lausanne and Zurich), and Seoul. Ants ants ants in my pants.
No comments:
Post a Comment