I like my drama on TV, not in my life. After several weeks of drama with our shady landlord, we are moving! Not only that, we're moving to my favorite neighborhood in HK - a centrally located yet quiet part of the city that is home to my favorite brunch and coffee spots, laid back, yuppie yet funky and urban.
I always talk about Cuines Santa Caterina in Barcelona as my happiest place on earth - the neighborhood joint I wish I had so I could drop in everyday for a coffee or a class of cava and a wedge of Spanish tortilla. There's a resto/cafe just down the block from our new place that to me is HK's version of Cuines Santa Caterina - somewhere you can drop in for a great leisurely meal with friends, or for happy hour drinks and snacks, or for a simple but fantastic cup of coffee at the bar. Love love love!
Also, our new 'hood reminds me a little bit of NY - specifically, the West Village (my favorite neighborhood in NY). I'm so excited to be moving!
Heading to Seoul today for a week to spend time with my grandmama and pops. Am going to try to put my gluttony in check since I really need to start dieting for the wedding (or at least, start my "don't-get-fatter" diet). But...then again, I've already researched and made a list of places to get great naengmyun, jjajangmyun, kimbap, bibimbap, agu jjim, han jungsik...
1 comment:
yay, excited for your move! i'm jealous you get to live in a cute neighborhood within the city! i miss it soooo much! --g =)
Post a Comment