In this case, LOL stands for "lady of leisure," not "laughing out loud." Ever since I gave notice, I've been living the life of a LOL. While in some ways it's quite nice to sleep in, enjoy a leisurely work out without time constraints and fill each day with only one or two simple goals per day (laundry on one day, giving myself a facial on another, getting my visa for India), I'm also ready to get the hell out of dodge. I'm so over Tokyo! I don't even want to socialize or meet up with people for a last dinner or a farewell party - I really just want to get myself on a jet plane and bid sayonara to this place.
I spent the day ambling about the Shinjuku area today because I needed to buy a laptop sleeve. I walk to/from work so I don't ride the subway all that often, but if you've ever ridden the Tokyo metro, you will see the saddest group of people ever. Japanese people on the metro look so forlorn and depressed - no one smiles, everyone just looks miserable. Except little kiddies, but I think that's because they haven't had all the joy in life squeezed out of them by the oppressive, repressive Japanese societal rules yet.
On an entirely different note, the temperature today was a humid 89 degrees, yet I barely broke a sweat. I guess bodies adjust, because just a week ago, I could barely walk 3 blocks without being drenched in my own sweat. Good news since I'll soon be moving to a place that's even hotter and more humid than Tokyo...yikes.
1 comment:
wait, you don't have to go into work anymore?!?!?!?! omg lucky! --g
Post a Comment