I have just a few pages of Julie & Julia left to read, which I am saving for tonight. I also watched the movie on a recent plane ride. El Hombre noted in passing a couple weeks ago that he had watched the movie and that "she reminds me of you," which I just took in with an "oh really? hmm" (since I had not yet watched the movie or read the book) at the time.
So now that I have watched the movie and have almost finished the book, I'm left wondering...a) which one is the "she" that reminds him of me - the 30 year old slightly hysterical cat-loving secretary crazy enough to think that cooking all of Julia Child's recipes in one year will give her life meaning or the kooky, bumbling giantesse of a woman with the funny high-pitched voice who decides to take a professional cooking class and finds glee in chopping up more onions faster than all the men? and b) WHAT?? I don't think I'm like EITHER of those kooks.
I mean, sure, I am 30, slightly hysterical, obsessed with food and blogging and perhaps a little kooky. But I hate cats. And I clearly do not possess a giantess stature.
No comments:
Post a Comment