Men are from mars, women are from venus. Truer words were never spoken. It's amazing that we manage to co-exist given how absurdly different we are, how we simply don't speak the same language. Although the movie "The Breakup" wasn't all that great, I thought the scene in the kitchen where Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn fight about doing the dishes hit the nail on the head when it comes to how men and women perceive things so differently. Namely, in a woman's point of view, men generally totally just miss the point. And from a man's point of view, women are totally nuts.
Gary: “Fine, I’ll help you do the damn dishes.”
Brooke: “That’s not what I want. I want you to want to do the dishes.”
Gary: “Why would I want to do dishes?”
Women watch this and think: exactly. It's not about doing the dishes, it's about WANTING to do the dishes because you care about her and you want to do something nice for her, not because you actually want to do the dishes. Men watch this and think: that girl is a psycho bitch.
No comments:
Post a Comment