In 2003 or 2004 I created a list of life goals. It's a short list, at the time it only had 7 items on it. It only includes the goals I consider "big-ticket items" rather than goals I think can be accomplished with ease in the span of a week or less (such as learning to surf or hiking Half Dome, etc.).
I'm beginning to think this list is magic because one by one, everything on it has happened or is happening. Of course some of those things happened because I put in the effort to make them happen - traveling around the world (with specific countries listed), opening a bakery...
Since I created the list, I've added a few more and removed a couple goals I changed my mind about. Goal #10: Live abroad in Asia and Europe.
I find it funny, strange, ironic and fated that whether I am ready for it or not, whether I want a specific item to happen in my life now, the powers that be (which to me, is God, aka baby Jesus) seem to want to make the goals on my list happen. Because like it or not, ready or not, goal #10 is about to happen by the end of this summer.
My grandmother used to tell me that I should never utter negative things out loud because once you say something out loud, the universe hears you and conspires to make it happen. So for example, you should never say: "I'm going to fail the bar exam" or "I'm not going to get into so and so college" because if you utter it, it will come true.
I can't help but think back to last July when I had just returned from my world travels. El Hombre and I discussed the possibility of moving to Asia together. How exciting, how adventurous, how fun it would be. How it was something we had both wanted to do, individually, for a long time. At the time, I even planned out a timeline (as I am prone to do with my anal retentive personality) - I said it would be perfect to move out spring or summer of 2009. I uttered it out loud, and the universe appears to have heard me. Partly due to forces out of my control, partly out of my doing, I am in fact, moving to Asia in the summer of 2009.
Since putting things on my List and/or uttering them out loud seem to make it come true, I'm going to add a couple more things, and utter them out loud. If those come true too, I'm seriously going to consider the list magic.
1 comment:
you know, if you say something 3 times, it becomes a fact.
Post a Comment