I came down with the flu a couple days ago, which coincided perfectly with my starting and completing the Divergent series. I've been so wrapped up in the world of factions, life inside and outside the city, and the many layers of loyalty, bravery, corruption, kindness, fear, sacrifice, evil and love in the book that it's hard to imagine that post-apocalypse Chicago doesn't actually exist right now. I loved Divergent - it is so much better written than The Hunger Games, and I thought the ending was more thoughtfully played out to give a sense of closure to the reader. I also liked that while Tris deals with the same issues that any 16 year old girl would be expected to deal with - i.e. boys, friendship, etc. - she also dealt with everything in a very pure-hearted yet mature manner with less of the annoyingly overdone angst found in Twilight and Hunger Games. I disliked the ending in The Hunger Games - it seemed so anti-climactic after the intensity of the series, and I'm still not sure that Katniss made the right decision in choosing Peeta. In contrast, the ending of Divergent, while grief-inducing, is fitting - and perhaps all along the only way it really could have ended. I can't wait for the movie!
No comments:
Post a Comment