Here's the truth: when I need something from God, I'm constantly talking to him - praying, in my head, out loud. But when everything is going well, I start to neglect God. It's true, and I'm sorry, Baby Jesus. But in HK, it's hard to forget God for long, because he makes his present known. There are no thunderstorms like the thunderstorms in HK - rain coming down so heavily and quickly that you can't see 12 inches in front of you, lightening that pierces the sky every 2 minutes, thunder that rolls and grows until it climaxes in a deafening roar. To me, thunderstorms are one of the most awe-inspiring acts of nature - it always reminds me of God's greatness. And in HK, the greatness happens quite frequently, especially between June and October. There's nothing like an awesome thunderstorm to remind me of God's presence - that as much as I may go about my merry little life, there are some amazing acts of nature that can make me go still with awe.
***
I love this song right now: "Home" by Phillip Phillips
Hold on, to me as we go
As we roll down this unfamiliar road
And although this wave is stringing us along
Just know you’re not alone
Cause I’m going to make this place your home
Settle down, it'll all be clear
Don't pay no mind to the demons
They fill you with fear
The trouble it might drag you down
If you get lost, you can always be found
Just know you’re not alone
Cause I’m going to make this place your home
Settle down, it'll all be clear
Don't pay no mind to the demons
They fill you with fear
The trouble it might drag you down
If you get lost, you can always be found
Just know you’re not alone
Cause I’m going to make this place your home
***
I love this song right now: "Home" by Phillip Phillips
Hold on, to me as we go
As we roll down this unfamiliar road
And although this wave is stringing us along
Just know you’re not alone
Cause I’m going to make this place your home
Settle down, it'll all be clear
Don't pay no mind to the demons
They fill you with fear
The trouble it might drag you down
If you get lost, you can always be found
Just know you’re not alone
Cause I’m going to make this place your home
Settle down, it'll all be clear
Don't pay no mind to the demons
They fill you with fear
The trouble it might drag you down
If you get lost, you can always be found
Just know you’re not alone
Cause I’m going to make this place your home
No comments:
Post a Comment