Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The bright side

The nice thing about AF's inane policy which caused me to miss my flight this morning is that I got to have another dinner with my husband before I take off for BCN. As he likes to say, he is my favorite person in the world!

I spent an entire day hanging out at IFC today. I could just as easily have gone home, but it was raining and I didn't want to go through the hassle of catching a cab there, then catching a cab back, possibly getting wet and wasting money on taxis. I think I'm done with IFC for awhile.

When I arrived back at the airport and passed the Air France counter, there was a line snaked around the entire aisle and through the opposite airline's aisle space. It was the only airline with a line of people 100+ people deep, so I'm fairly sure that most people didn't make this morning's Air France flight. Because: it is PATENTLY unreasonable to expect customers to get to the airport during the biggest typhoon in Hong Kong in over 10 years - a hurricane force typhoon. While most other stranded passengers at the airport are stranded because their flights were delayed are cancelled, Air France's customers are stranded because the airline did not give their customers ANY grace period to get to the airport during a typhoon, then flew an empty flight to Paris, leaving hundreds of customers behind. As I passed by the service counter, I could hear irate customers venting their frustrations about the fees that Air France is trying to impose on the customers to re-route their flight.

Anyhoo, I'm going to forget about my annoyance with AF for now since I am about to board a plane for my favorite place on planet earth!

No comments: