So...my wedding is only a little over 2 months away. I decided I need to start getting wedding day-fit, so I set my alarm for 7 am this morning to go to yoga. Slept through it. Then felt guilty so woke up and went jogging in my neighborhood for 20 minutes.
I'm probably the most unfit I've ever been in my adult life. I used to do this intense workout called power plate training twice a week, but the studio closed down over a month ago so I've basically ceased exercising. Since moving to HK, my diet has gone from 90% healthy (salads, vegetables, dairy, tofu, brown rice and occasional meat) to 99% unhealthy (MSG, pork fat, noodles, white rice, fried foods, MSG, pork fat, deep-fried foods, dumplings, MSG, pork fat, you get the picture). Instead of breathing in fresh air infused with the scent of the ocean and pine trees, I breathe in smoggy, garbage & manufacturing factory smoke-infused air.
So I keep telling myself I need to put together a wedding workout plan: eat more vegetables, cut out Chinese food, exercise and get back into shape. But then I sleep through my alarm. Or talk myself out of going to yoga or going jogging because it's raining or too humid out. And I can't seem to avoid eating Chinese food. I need a mean personal trainer.
No comments:
Post a Comment