I've been engaged now for about a month. While the initial surreal-cloud nine-ecstatic giddiness has subsided, I still feel lucky to be engaged to El Hombre every day. He's funny, fun, caring, down-to-earth, trustworthy and good-natured, but with the dose of sarcastic humor that keeps everything light and real. More importantly, I've never met anyone that I think is more perfect for me - someone who gets me emotionally on such a deep level, someone I can have fun with doing anything or nothing, someone I can just BE with.
I just recently found the perfect engagement ring and even though it was a tad bigger than I had originally been planning, El Hombre was as good-natured about it as possible: "you're basically wearing the equivalent of a car on your finger. Except that the ring doesn't take you anywhere. But as long as it makes you happy, that's good." That's a good man.
Recently the temps in HK have dropped dramatically and flats here don't have central heating so our flat is freezing. The only warm spot is under the covers in our bed. One recent morning, as soon as we woke up, El Hombre responded to my "good morning" with "You suck at sleeping together!" Turns out I have a tendency to steal the covers and turn myself into a burrito with them. I told him he should have just stolen them back, but he noted that I was wrapped up in them in a way that if he had taken it back, it would have unrolled me onto the floor. "You suck at sleeping together!" LOL, even when he gets mad it's so cute I can't help but laugh.
We've been discussing where to go on our honeymoon. I, of course, want to go to Barcelona. El Hombre has flat-out nixed that idea. Instead, he wants to do a volunteer vacation honeymoon - like building huts for people in a third world country. Even though there's no way I'm spending my honeymoon living in a grungy hut while building huts, I love his compassion.
No comments:
Post a Comment