Saturday, May 22, 2010

Of Travel Insurance and Other Things

There are many reasons I think El Hombre is wonderful, but here are two recent ones:

*He's the type of guy who looks into travel insurance for a long trip that requires trekking through some areas that present some serious health risks. Planning for a trip requires many mundane details that are required to ensure that while on your trip, you can relax and have a good time and not worry - of these, the most tedious/boring to look into is insurance. Which is why I love that he took the initiative to look into the options and coverage. It shows the kind of person he is - responsible, thoughtful of the risks/what ifs.

*He sent me a list of things we might need on the trip, as well as things we can do in each location. And I love how balanced it was: on the one hand, he noted that we shouldn't forget things like mosquito repellant and adaptors; on the other hand, he noted that some of the activities we should consider is eating at El Bulli (gastronomic mecca, where molecular gastronomy was born) while in Spain, renting a scooter in Crete, bamboo rafting and cycling in Yangshuo, balancing Angkor Wat with spa time in Siem Reap and surfing and sea kayaking in Lombok. All of these things utterly speak to my heart in different ways - when I read the list, the first thought I had was: wow, this man is amazing.

No comments: