Thursday, October 16, 2008

Right now...

50 random things about me, at this moment in time (as always, I reserve the right to change or change my mind):
  1. If I had unlimited access to one thing in this world with no regard to cost, it would be plane tickets. First class or business class would be nice, but not necessary. I love to travel. (See quote from Robert Louis Stevenson from a few posts back)
  2. If I could have one super power, it would be flying. Or time travel
  3. I am extremely anal retentive
  4. I prefer paper calendars to PDAs
  5. I've kept a precise budget of exactly how I spend my money since 1999
  6. I like to drink champagne, red wine and margaritas, although I try not to drink all three in the same night
  7. I bite my nails
  8. The first thing I do when I get home is wash my feet
  9. I prefer email and online chatting to telephone calls
  10. I dislike chocolate flavored things (ice cream, cookies, etc.) unless it is white chocolate
  11. On the rare occasions I crave chocolate, my favorite brand of chocolate is Lindt
  12. I love everything matcha green tea flavored
  13. I talk/scream in my sleep
  14. My Sunday morning guilty pleasure is perusing through the NY Times wedding pages
  15. I harbor a deep dark desire to be in the NY Times wedding pages someday
  16. I'm exactly 5'0''
  17. When I was 4, I was afflicted with Guillan-Barre syndrome, which paralyzed me from the neck down for several weeks
  18. I'm one of the most stubborn people I know. My dad and my grandfather and El Hombre give me a run for my money
  19. In the 4th grade, I got dinged from the spelling bee for misspelling "sympathetic". I spelled it s-y-m-p-h...
  20. My favorite book of all time is The Time Traveler's Wife
  21. I have read The Time Traveler's Wife at least 30 times
  22. I am very eagerly anticipating The Time Traveler's Wife movie, which is scheduled to be released on Christmas Day
  23. I have horrible taste in music, which I prefer to say is eclectic taste. I like Shania Twain and Celine Dion and Timbaland and Black Eyed Peas and Maroon 5 and Coldplay and Jordin Sparks and Shakira, although my current favorite is Leona Lewis
  24. I recently went to a Maroon 5 concert for a friend's birthday and thought Adam Levine was quite dreamy
  25. I think Mohinder Suresh (from Heroes) is hooooooooooot
  26. I snowboard goofy
  27. When I was little, my favorite favorite place in the world was Lake Tahoe. I loved it so much I used to actually think that I would want to die at the top of Heavenly mountain (the part that overlooks the Lake surrounded by the snow-capped Sierras). Yes, I had very weird slightly morbid thoughts as a child...
  28. I still can't think of very many places in this world that are as beautiful and serene as Lake Tahoe
  29. Cities I would seriously consider living in for a finite period of time include Shanghai, Tokyo, Barcelona, Paris
  30. My goal is to run 5 miles at a 11:00 pace by my birthday
  31. I am a PC
  32. I love bookstores
  33. I used to love baking. I strongly dislike it currently
  34. I have a weakness for beautiful shoes, especially stilettos
  35. I lack a filter
  36. My not-so-secret-dream is to one day write a novel that gets published, and doesn't suck
  37. I love Vanity Fair magazine
  38. I subscribe to US magazine but only allow myself to read it when I am at the gym
  39. My favorite fine dining restaurant in San Francisco is La Folie. My favorite everyday restaurant is Koh Samui.
  40. The one cuisine I could eat everyday and not get sick of is Vietnamese
  41. If I could eat only one dish for the rest of my life without regard to nutrition or calories, it would be full-fat Greek yogurt with honey
  42. I like to eat
  43. I prefer mini-dresses to pants
  44. When I dislike something or someone, it's evident because I will curse like a sailor when I talk about it/him/her
  45. I generally see things in black and white, hot and cold
  46. I dislike socially awkward people who have no noonchi
  47. I am a feminist in that I want equal opportunities, equal rights and equal respect. I am traditional in that I find great enjoyment in cooking, cleaning and keeping house
  48. I think life is too short for bullshit or unhappiness
  49. I'm currently taking Mandarin classes. Wo hen hao. Wo bu mang. Wo yao kafei. Wo bu yao cha.
  50. Growing older doesn't frighten me, but aging does

No comments: