Cumulative Miles Traveled: 9807
Current Location: Alajuela, Costa Rica
Current Mood: Slightly hungry, dubious of the water
***
Estoy en Alajuela, una ciudad en la region Meseta Central de Costa Rica. I'm really here to kill a day before T arrives tomorrow and we head to Malpais early the following morning to meet up with P for a week of surfing, yoga, snorkeling, doing nothing, girl-bonding, relaxing, eating...you get the idea. What I've seen of Costa Rica so far has pretty much been in the pitch dark so I haven't really formed an opinion yet. My hotel, which is really a bed and breakfast, is about 2 miles from the center of Alajuela, off a long dirt road. I arrived fairly late and it seems like too much of a pain to call a cab to find a restaurant this late at night so I had to settle for a granola bar for dinner. This place also charges $2 for a bottle of water which seems like robbery to me considering I wouldn't even pay that much in the States so even though I know $2 is a small price to pay to prevent getting ill from the water, I absolutely oppose the idea of paying 4 X the price I should so I drank a glass of tap water...crossing my fingers that my digestive tract doesn't punish me tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment