Wednesday, December 8, 2010

2010

It's just starting to hit me that it's actually DECEMBER. The end of the year. The month that I look forward to ALL year, because what it has meant for the last several years is a joyous, cozy Christmas with my family followed by a trip to Tahoe with some of my favorite people in the world. It looks like it probably won't happen for me this year, which is truly a bit depressing, but I think that in general I have a lot to be grateful for.

Last new year's, just at the start of the new year, I won at roulette with the number 30, which I totally (like, really) took as a sign from God that 2010 (the year I was 30) was going to be an auspicious year. And God delivered. In 2010, I finally got out of God-forsaken Japan (the most emotionally and mentally stifling place I've ever been to). I traveled to lots of amazing places with El Hombre. And El Hombre and I finally got to be together - first traveling through Europe and Asia, then living in HK, where God really delivered with good jobs for both of us quickly. I am so truly blessed. Thank you baby Jesus.

So...while I know it might be a wee bit much to ask to ask for the icing AND the cherry on top, could I please please please go home for the holidays and go on the annual ski trip? Just thought it doesn't hurt to ask.

No comments: